Monday, April 12, 2010

Just for Smiles :D

A very good Monday morning! :D

Welcome to this "personal" blog of mine.  Why another blog? 

You see, I just started work recently, and I had a hard time adjusting.  Mainly because I had put so much pressure on myself to get home in time before little J sleeps.  I settled down after the first work week though.  Little J changed his sleeping schedule, which made me feel less guilty.  I guess he wanted to wait up for me :)

But within that first work week, I went through so much stress.  Mostly because I felt so guilty and sad that I wasn't home to take care of Little J.  Deep inside, I knew that I had to go back to work.  Plus, I felt that this job offer was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up.  It's a very exciting job.  Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to share with you more info with regards to it ;)  Don't worry, I'll keep everyone posted.

Going back to why I started this blog.  As mentioned earlier, I had so much negative energy inside me.  Yes,  within that first week alone!  I am a very happy and optimistic person by nature, but I turned into an awful person in that short span of time.  My husband can attest to that—so sorry, hubby!  When hubby made me aware of the person I had become, I felt bad and guilty again.  I reassessed my goals in life, and thought about all the blessings I had received.  Thus, the birth of this blog, so I can document all the things/events that make me smile, make me feel special and make me feel blessed—no matter how mundane or small they are.

I hope that I can inspire and spread (even just a little) happiness to those of you who will visit this blog.  For now, I leave you with one of my favorite cartoon clips from Charlie Brown.  It never fails to put a smile on my face :D


For those who are curious about the lyrics:

CHARLIE BROWN: HAPPINESS IS FINDING A PENCIL.

SNOOPY: PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE

LINUS: TELLING THE TIME.

SCHROEDER: HAPPINESS IS LEARNING TO WHISTLE.

LINUS: TYING YOUR SHOE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

SALLY: HAPPINESS IS PLAYING THE DRUM IN YOUR OWN SCHOOL BAND.

CHARLIE BROWN: AND HAPPINESS IS WALKING HAND IN HAND.  HAPPINESS IS TWO KINDS OF ICE CREAM.

LUCY: KNOWING A SECRET.

SCHROEDER: CLIMBING A TREE.

CHARLIE BROWN: HAPPINESS IS FIVE DIFFERENT CRAYONS.

SCHROEDER: CATCHING A FIREFLY. SETTING HIM FREE.

CHARLIE BROWN: HAPPINESS IS BEING ALONE EVERY NOW AND THEN.

ALL: AND HAPPINESS IS COMING HOME AGAIN.

CHARLIE BROWN: HAPPINESS IS MORNING AND EVENING, DAY TIME AND NIGHT TIME TOO. FOR HAPPINESS IS ANYONE AND ANYTHING AT ALL THAT'S LOVED BY YOU.

LINUS: HAPPINESS IS HAVING A SISTER.

LUCY: SHARING A SANDWICH.

LUCY AND LINUS: GETTING ALONG.

ALL: HAPPINESS IS SINGING TOGETHER WHEN DAY IS THROUGH, AND HAPPINESS IS THOSE WHO SING WITH YOU. HAPPINESS IS MORNING AND EVENING, DAYTIME AND NIGHTTIME TOO.

CHARLIE BROWN: FOR HAPPINESS IS ANYONE AND ANYTHING AT ALL THAT'S LOVED BY YOU.

(The cast filters out, waving "good night" to Charlie Brown, but Lucy stays, and and stands in silence for a moment before finally saying...)

LUCY: You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

- He smiles, and the lights go down -

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes you smile? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails