Monday, April 12, 2010

Super Woman

Looking back, I guess I went way overboard with work.  I've always thought I could do everything.  Like for my first day of work... 

- I woke up 6:30 a.m. and pumped out milk for my baby
- Got ready by 7:30 a.m. and had my regular staple of oatmeal
- Played with little J and left the house 8 a.m.
- Got to the office by 8:45 a.m. 
- Met some of my bosses (two of those flew straight from the U.S.) and had an impromptu interview with them. Yikes!
- I got off at 6:45 p.m. from our office in Roxas Boulevard and drove straight to the Shiseido launch at the Ayala Museum for their new Whitening product line.  Click on this link to check out the event.
- It was great seeing old friends and colleagues.  I got to catch up with some of them.
- Got home 10 p.m. with our little J fast asleep. 
- Took a shower; checked my mail; and went to sleep at around 11 p.m.

What a day, right? I think I overdid it for my first day of work.  Out and about for more than 15 hours is not good.  Too much for "breaking in" haha...  and I learned the hard way.  After a week of doing this routine (less the event attendance) and forgetting to take my vitamins, I got sick :( I couldn't take any medication since I am still breastfeeding, so it was really hard.  I was sick during Holy Week, too!  Even our little J caught the bug, so I felt guilty all the more.

Little J and I are both feeling better.  Thanks to our super nice pedia for the prescriptions for little J; and my mom-in-law for wheatgrass (do let me know if you're interested to order). NOTE: only take this with an empty stomach, and use a plastic spoon to mix the water and the powder.  If you use metal, it will diminish the powerful extracts of the mixture.
wheat grass

Thanks also to my hubby for the tons of ascorbic acid supply; and my dad for driving all the way down to Chinatown to buy me 2 bottles of good 'ol Pei Pa Koa.  It's a Chinese herbal/natural medicine that's made of honey extracts, loquat and natural herbs.  Once you swallow, let it stay in your throat. DO NOT wash it down with water.
pei pa ko


I've been taking this since i was a teenager, and it's only now that I checked out the paper that came with it. I find it cute that they have illustrations on who can take the medicine and when they need it. So, if you can't read a single Chinese character, you can still understand what they are trying to convey:
pei pa ko comics


The ingredients are found in this sheet, too!
pei pa ko ingredients

Along with instructions...
pei pa ko ingredients english


So, if you're feeling under the weather. Fight it with Vitamin C, wheat grass, and lots of water. If your throat hurts, try Pei Pa Koa. This name of the medicine is actually pronounced in Cantonese, btw. If it's in Mandarin (our national language), it's pronounced as Bi Pa Gou. It's available in all Chinese drugstores.


What I'm thankful for: my hubby, my dad, and my mom-in-law for taking care of me

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes you smile? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails