Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Sweet Tooth

I realized I've been flooding this blog with updates about our little J.  Obviously, I'm missing him a lot, and I'm a little stressed over his first birthday party.  But let's take a break, shall we? 


I had one of the softest and yummiest mamon yesterday :P
CB mamon
It's no ordinary mamon; it's bibingka flavored! And it's from one of my family's favorite bakeries: Costa Brava
CB
This isn't my first time to try their mamon. My mom bought some goodies from Costa Brava at Power Plant mall a few weeks back. They're not in the mall every weekend, so it's best to give them a call. Their "headquarter" is in Bel-Air village, pretty near the area.
CB station
We also got to bring home their ube cake. Hubby and I loved this one, too! It has ube yam filling inside.
CB ube
If you like Hizon's and Estrel's, then you just might like Costa Brava, too. My all-time favorite is their mocha, and their caramel cakes/cupcakes. I always "ration" them to last me a whole week. Good thing hubby doesn't like them as much as I do, so I get to eat more haha... Their icing melts in your mouth, and it's not too sweet so it's perfect for those who have high-sugar like my mom. We also love the texture and the lightness of the cake—the ultimate softness of a "chiffon" cake ;)
How about you? What's your favorite pastry/cake and from where? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes you smile? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails