Thursday, January 3, 2013

First day High

My first day back at work was really packed, and I am not complaining.  We also had a hearty lunch with the whole F21 gang at Italliani's :) It's a great way to start 2013, actually.  How was yours? 

I am also loving the outfit that I pulled together.  It was a luxurious inspiration, if I may say so ;)  I am the type who chooses one piece of fashion item and works around it.  In this case, it was a pair of lace cropped pants that my mom got for me from her recent Hong Kong trip.  This forest green lace fabric gave a very opulent vibe, and the cigarette-cut of the pants is just so '50s chic!

20130102_204240  

Since I'm still on a holiday hangover, I paired it with a purple silk top from Forever 21, and blue reptile-printed platform wedges from Amazon.com.  Cropped pants can be unforgiving to petite ladies, as the hem ends around your ankles which can make you look shorter than you really are.  That's why cropped pants are better worn with heels or wedges or platforms.  

20130102_203307

I topped it off with a white Givenchy Antigona—this sling "work" bag tones down this jewel-toned ensemble, making it perfect for day wear.  

Here's hoping I can pull off more fab outfits ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes you smile? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails